First of all, check out the Room Use Policy. It'll tell you about some of the process outside groups must go through to use the big classroom and/or meeting room, and how much we charge when.
This-here wiki page is where you look if you are helping an outside group to use the classroom space. You should follow these steps:
- The group got approval to use the space through the outreach group (and possibly also staff), right? If not, you should bring it up at the next outreach meeting, or, in an emergency, go around and check with as many outreach members as possible.
- Be sure the event is on the Room Use Calendar. For access to this calendar, please ask Paul.
- Clearing out the space (historically, the outside group helps to do this a couple of hours before showtime, while they're decorating):
- Stuff on wheels moves into build area
- Big bookshelves move into build area
- Terminals go onto ground - keep the monitors with their systems!
- See Classroom Use Expectations for how to set up and clean up, etc. (There should be a page like that for the meeting room too, eh?)