2013 Restructuring Documents
Revision as of 22:26, 30 March 2014 by Mkille
This page is being migrated to a documnent of Free Geek's Google Drive.
- At an executive session on Wednesday, February 27, the Board decided to offer each senior management position to an internal candidate who completed a rigorous application, review and interview process. We are pleased to announce that all the candidates accepted the offers. Free Geek's senior management team will be:
- Director of Operations -- Richard Seymour
- Director of Production -- Cynthia Prevatte
- Director of Public Services -- Darren Heiber
- The new management structure went into effect at 10:00 AM on Thursday, February 28 at the conclusion of the final Collective meeting.
- The fullest explanation of the re-organization process is contained in the Communications Committee Bulletin from March 2, 2013.
Senior Manager Job Descriptions
- Director of Operations (filled)
- Director of Production (filled)
- Director of Public Services (filled)
Other Manager Job Descriptions
- Human Resources Partner (filled)
- Production Supervisor (filled)
- Receiving & Recycling Manager (filled)
- Retail Supervisor (filled)
- Tech Support Supervisor (filled)
Search Process and Timeline
- Manager positions will be filled by internal searches first. Only if a given search fails to identify a qualified and interested internal candidate will it be opened up to the public. Internal candidates do not need to be current Collective members.
- The deadline to apply for a Director position as an internal candidate has passed.
- The dealine to apply for an open middle manager position has passed.
- Comprehensive timeline approved at the Board's January 31 meeting. ANY ALTERATIONS TO THIS TIMELINE WILL BE NOTED HERE.
- ORIGINAL February 15-22, 2013: Board interviews qualified candidates for senior positions and makes hiring decisions. CHANGED TO February 15-27, 2013: Board interviews qualified candidates for senior positions and makes hiring decisions.
- ORIGINAL February 23, 2013: Any remaining open senior positions posted publicly. CHANGED TO February 28, 2013: Any remaining open senior positions posted publicly.
- ORIGINAL February 26, 2013: Management collective formally eliminated. CHANGED TO February 28, 2013: Management collective formally eliminated.
- Because of this expansion of the senior manager internal search process by a few days, the deadline to apply for open middle manager positions was also extended to Sunday, March 3 at 12 midnight.
Other Relevant Documents
- Statement on how the Senior Management Team will report to the Board approved at the Board's January 31 meeting.
- Statement on how the Human Resources Partner will report to the Senior Management Team approved at the Board's January 31 meeting.
- Statement on decision-making at Free Geek approved at the Board's February 6 meeting, amended at the Board's February 13 meeting.
- Functional org chart approved at the Board's February 6 meeting.
Archive of Communications Committee Bulletins
- October 27, 2012
- November 3, 2012
- November 10, 2012
- November 17, 2012
- Thanksgiving 2012
- December 2, 2012
- December 8, 2012
- December 15, 2012
- December 22, 2012
- December 29, 2012
- January 6, 2013
- January 13, 2013
- January 20, 2013
- January 26, 2013
- February 2, 2013
- February 9, 2013
- February 17, 2013
- February 25, 2013
- March 2, 2013
- March 10, 2013
- March 17, 2013
- March 24, 2013
- March 31, 2013
- April 8, 2013
- April 29, 2013