This page has been migrated to a document on Free Geek's Google Drive.
Information remaining behind may no longer be relevant.
When you have tagged this page as migrated,
(Link to new page immediately below.)
- If there is no password:
- Press Menu, Settings, Scroll to Options, Press enter button
- Scroll to Security Options, Press enter
- Scroll to General Settings, Press enter
- Scroll to Password, Press Menu
- Scroll to Wipe Handheld, Press enter
- Scroll to Continue, Press enter
- Type "blackberry", Press enter
All Data will be erased & Phone will restart--do not turn it off during this process!
- If there is a password:
- Entering the wrong password ten times will wipe the phone
- You will also have to enter "blackberry" several times to continue
Routing Wiped Blackberries
- Affix a "Tested By" sticker with your initials on the Blackberry, write "wiped" on it
- In AT&T and Sprint Blackberries there is a SIM card under the battery--*make sure to remove this!*
- Wiped Blackberries get sent to Online Sales