Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the 2011 governance proposal:
- [The town hall meeting is] "a regular (at least annual) large, structured, facilitated event for volunteers, staff, and board to fulfill the following functions:
- elect core volunteer board seats
- increase FG volunteer community's familiarity with board members and function, other volunteers, staff
- involved in the vision generation piece of strategic planning.
- Dedication to outreach for this event will be crucial in fulfilling the "low bar to participation" and "democratic" criteria, as well as principle 5. Both candidates to represent core volunteers and those eligible to participate in selecting them will be core volunteers [people who have volunteered for 30 days within the past year]. The board will be responsible for seeing that this event is appropriately planned and that community input generated at these meetings is integrated into the organization's plans for the future."
Pages in category "Town Hall"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Notes from THM 2011 breakout group on changing technology
- Notes from THM 2011 breakout group on community and volunteer experience
- Notes from THM 2011 breakout group on education and job training
- Notes from THM 2011 breakout group on funding and public awareness
- Notes from THM 2011 breakout group on improving the staff and board experience