Coders Workshops meet weekly on Tuesdays at 7:15. Coders Workshops are open to all, experienced and new coders alike. The only requirement is that you want to help and learn or teach in the process. We try to team up experienced folks with newbies. We only work on stuff we actually use, so your work is always needed.
Here are some projects we are working on at Free Geek:
Distro Implementation -- Figure out how to get the software onto the boxes we build, and how to make it work like we want it to.
Other Coding Projects -- There are usually a variety of smaller tasks that need doing, often using shell scripting.
If any of the above projects interest you, you may want to join the coders. To do so:
- Coding is done by editing text files, see Text Editing for Coders for more info.
- Sign up for the coders mailing list http://lists.freegeek.org/listinfo/coders (email lists for coders)
- Get an account on our development box. (SSH for coders)
- Get a CVS account. (CVS for coders)
- Get an RT account http://todo.freegeek.org/rt/ (RT for coders)
- Free Geek coders hang out on IRC at freenode.net (http://freenode.net/) on the #freegeek channel. (IRC for coders)