The Free Geek Community Council is the group responsible for the long term vision of Free Geek. It enacts policy that is:
- overarching, affecting all of Free Geeks, OR
- cross-group, not as big as overarching, but affects multiple groups (if those groups can't coordinate the policy on their own), OR
- controversial in nature.
Any volunteer or worker can be a member of the council. The council works by Consensus.
Current Topics of Discussion
The next Free Geek Community Council meeting will be at 7:15 July 20, 2005 in Free Geek's meeting room.
The Board of Directors
What are our desires for the structure and function of our Board_of_Directors?
This leads to a discussion around New By-laws for Free Geek, which will be discussed at the next council meeting.
The Meta Question
We are currently pondering the Meta Question and to this end we're thinking about a scenario for Free geek's future.
There are some thought experiment scenarios listed at Meta_Question#Where_to_next?.
- Outreach for board members
- Meeting procedures proposals (Laurel)
- Monthly reports
- Envada ISP support Free Geek?
- Free Geek should be more human-friendly. Participate in VBC?
Past Meetings and Council Template
- This is the Meeting Template that may be copied when setting up a new Council Meeting.