Computers for Kids (PPS)
Revision as of 02:48, 27 December 2006 by Matteo
- Program Basics
- Program Name: Computers for Kids
- Program Description:
- Youth organizations/schools bring groups of kids to FG to join Build or Adoption
- What best describes this program?
- Primarily meets program needs (expected to cost more money than it makes)
- Why does Free Geek need this program?
- part of mission statement - education, digital divide
Job Position Basics
- Would there be a dedicated staff position associated with this program? YES
- Position Title: CforK Coordianator
- Job Description:
- lead groups through the program, being contact person at FG, give special tours to school/other groups,
teach students because often they need more attention than adult volunteers(but not always)
Costs and potential costs
- What are the expected financial staffing costs of the program? (Include all costs to the organization such as salary, payroll taxes, and benefits.)
- payroll/taxes for one person
- What other costs are associated with the program? (Include costs of materials needed, etc.)
- If there will be a dedicated staff position, how much time would be needed for training?
- How much time would existing staff need to put in? 20 hours
- How time would existing volunteers need to put in? 60 hours
- Once the program is up and running how many staff how many hours per week would it take?
- In paid staff time? 12 hours/week
- In volunteer time? 15hours/week
- Outline the intangible costs for the position and program:
- Are there any possible negative impacts on Free Geek's mission, and if so what?
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions currently in effect?
- it will make them happy, but also sometimes slows them down
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions being considered?
- Would the program generate income? NO
- If yes, how much income would be expected once the program is up and running? $ 0 / month
- If yes, how long would it take for the program to get to that point?
- How does the program support the mission of Free Geek?
- We're making education and technology available to kids who otherwise would not be able to get it.
- How can the success of the program be measured?
- number of kids receiving computers
- For most income generating positions, the costs initially outweigh the benefits. If this is an income generating program, how long until it is expected to break even?
- @ add info
- Outline a plan for implementing the program:
- making contact with groups
- set them up at FG(tour etc)
- help them through the program, teach,
- give them computers