Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Find a dvd-rom drive (IDE, for now)
Setting up the system
- jumper it so that the drive is a master
- plug the dvd-rom into the machine. Remember both the power and the ribbon cable.
- boot Lame on the DVD-ROM TESTING MACHINE
- put some kind of dvd in to the dvd drive (after it starts up).
- umm... login as the guest user like:
- then input the password 'freegeek' like
- but really you are typing freegeek and nothing will show while you do it
- not even stars.
- The console should look like this:
- type 'aumix' into the command prompt. Turn up the first two (on the right side) levels on the succeeding screen. Use the arrow keys.
- When you finished that task, hit 'q' on the keyboard to quit aumix.
- Back at the command prompt type 'startx' and press enter
- It should automatically load xINE and start the movie (bring up the DVD-menu). If it doesn't you will need to go back the commmand prompt by clicking on the 'x' on the volume control.
- In the command line type 'xine'
...yeah, then you should be watching your movie so grab some munchies!