Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Type http://data/ in the address bar of your favorite web browser from inside Free Geek
- Click on the link at the top of the page that says RECEIVING
- Select FIND GIZMO under the QUICK LINKS column
- Enter the ID number for the gizmo to be updated in the box and hit the Look it up button
- Change the gizmo status to what it says on the data entry sheet, e.g. Recycled, Adopted, or Stored
- Hit the Update Gizmo button at either the top or the bottom of the screen and you're done!
- Some handwriting can be pretty tough to decipher. If data entry handwriting is especially bad it might be a good idea to go over the same gizmo a couple of times.
- Make sure that the gizmo type on the paper matches the gizmo type on the computer, e.g. if you are entering data for systems make sure that the gizmo doesn't come up as a monitor. If the gizmos don't match double check the ID number. If they still don't match consult an instructor.
- Keep on the data entry paper translates to Stored on the computer.
Data entry lets us keep track of gizmo inflow and outflow. An old school data entry manual can be found here