- date: October 11, 2005
- checkin time: 7pm PDT -0700 (10pm EDT)
- meeting time 7:15pm PDT -0700 (10:15pm EDT)
- meet in irc.freenode.net #freegeek-distro
commitments from last meeting:
- get tested a freekbox3 package release
- post instructions to pdx QC process.
- finish svn, add user access (either ssh or webdav)
- post log of meeting
- (carryover) spend 4 hours over next two weeks helping document putting packages packages in repository (michael wanted to help with this "as long as I can poke you enough where I fail to understand")
[8:55pm] <tymp> commit : post log [8:24pm] <tymp> commit : weigh in on kde vs gnome on the distro list [8:42pm] <tymp> commit : try submitting to skippy's popcon server [8:43pm] <tymp> ugh, commit: i will set popcon up on fgoly's office machine [8:58pm] <tymp> commit : hassle on the list for a facilitator for next meeting and agenda items
- I will email the adoptionteachers list [to arrange a meeting to discuss developing user personae]
- get feedback from build teachers on user personae.
[8:24pm] <WormRunner> commit: WormRunner will talk on the list
- (carryover) hand-roll package repository scripts until a better method is devised.
- join the list discution on kde v gnome
- how is the meeting time/date (tuesdays, 7pm, -0700) for active participants?
- packaging & repository
- Vagrant's packaging class in PDX in Nov ? - Who will attend, or help plan?
- "mini-dinstall would be most useful for developers making experimental releases and cvs builds, reprepro would be best for standard archive format for our released packages, and our hand-rolled one could be as good as reprepro, but more flexible ... but it would require writing it."
new items (posted friday before the meeting or sooner):
[i think these are not too late. :) -- baxrob 03:01, 8 Oct 2005 (PDT)]
- How to propose and approve changes to FreekBox3
- Shall we Fork?
- Is it forking? could it be branching?
- How can we set goals and deadlines?
- How can we help Martin get SVN up?
- Someone in adoptionteachers wants to use the personae for teacher orientation
- Rob (barely) started reading the alan cooper book (cooper takes credit for inventing the persona-driven design thing)
- Prognosis (how is this project looking?) & Long-term outlook (including definition of objectives, estimation of required work, and timeline)
- hosting our own popularity-contest server
- Install CD: multi-profile or otherwise?
- svn repository hosted at svn.freegeek.org ?
late items (posted saturday before meeting or later) may not have time:
- late items here
log / summary
meeting content should get posted here. some possible useful categories below.
full log of meeting here.