Difference between revisions of "Emergency Plan"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(→Emergency Procedure: O grab the book (that we are makeing))
m (added link to First Aid Kits)
|Line 38:||Line 38:|
:Blood spill kits
:Blood spill kits
Revision as of 15:15, 20 December 2008
Free Geek works closely with local emergency services. In the event of an emergency staff will provide them with as much information as possible including the following:
- Free Geek
- 1731 SE 10th Avenue
- Portland, OR 97214
- Square feet
- Type of Activity
- Collection of electronic waste, including CRT monitors
- Sorting of electronic materials
- Refurbishment of computer systems from components
- Type of Material Handled
- Consumer electronics and their components.
- All personnel are familiar with the use of the public address system (paging), phone system, and the layout of the building including all exits, which are lit and well-marked. There are maps in conspicuous places indicating preferred emergency routes and equipment, e.g. fire extinguishers.
- Evacuation Assembly Location
- NE corner of SE 10th Avenue and Market
- Plan Implementation
- during hours
- In the event of a fire or explosion that would threaten human safety, volunteers and staff will be evacuated until such a time that the Action Committee and/or the local authorities deem it safe to reenter the facility.
- off hours
- In the event of a fire or explosion that would threaten human safety, volunteers and staff will be evacuated and Ian Y. or Richard S. is to be contacted to asses the situation. In the event that they can not be contacted a Action Committee member must be contacted. (there contact info is located in the emergency book at the front desk)
- all hours
- Grab the Safety book before running out side (located at the front desk and the recycling check in desk)
- A quick report of events should be sent to the Staff and Locks list.
- In the case of an emergency, the facility has the following emergency equipment devices available for the protection of workers and the environment.
- Fire Protection
- Fire extinguishers
- First Aid
- First Aid Kits
- Blood spill kits
- Decontamination Equipment
- Absorbent Pads, rags, towels
- Personal Protection Equipment
- Safety Glasses
- Dust Masks