Difference between revisions of "Evacuation Plan"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(→Staff Evacuation assessment and procedure: addition)
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 13:12, 6 July 2010
Upon hearing a announcement begin evacuation procedures
- Keep yourself and others calm
- Quickly proceed outside the building (or to the announced “safe location”) using the posted evacuation route. Close windows and doors as you leave.
- Help those that need special assistance. (Insert plan for assisting disabled persons in the department)
- Report immediately to the designated "safe area" located NE corner of SE 10th Avenue and Market. Check in with Action member who will be taking a head count.
- Wait for instructions from emergency response personnel. Do not re-enter the building until told it is safe to do so.
Staff Evacuation assessment and procedure
- In the event of fire, hazardous materials release or other hazardous situations requiring emergency response
- Announce over the public address system (page) the evacuation. Call government emergency personal.
- All Staff: start helping people out of the building.
- Front Desk Staff: Grab the scheduling clipboards for staff and volunteers. Also grab the Safety book.
- Prebuild Staff: Grab the Toolbox Signout Sheets.
- Build Staff: Grab the Toolbox Signout Sheets (once they exist?).
- Warehouse Staff: Grab the Safety Book and the Toolbox Signout Sheets.
- The first Staff out of the North (warehouse) and the south (thrift store or office) are to stick around help direct volunteers to the meeting space (located NE corner of SE 10th Avenue and Market).
- Staff, directed by Action committee members, will sweep the building.
- At the "safe meeting area"
- Action member will account for all staff,
- All staff will report on the areas they were in to the action member in charge.
- Action member will coordinate with local authorities to asses the situation.