Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 17:05, 3 February 2009 by Rfs (→Upon hearing a announcement begin evacuation procedures)
Upon hearing a announcement begin evacuation procedures
- Keep yourself and others calm
- Quickly proceed outside the building (or to the announced “safe location”) using the posted evacuation route. Close windows and doors as you leave.
- Help those that need special assistance. (Insert plan for assisting disabled persons in the department)
- Report immediately to the designated "safe area" located NE corner of SE 10th Avenue and Market. Check in with Action member who will be taking a head count.
- Wait for instructions from emergency response personnel. Do not re-enter the building until told it is safe to do so.
Staff Evacuation assessment and procedure
- In the event of fire, hazardous materials release or other hazardous situations requiring emergency response
- Announce over the public address system (page) the evacuation. Call government emergency personal.
- All Staff start helping people out of the building.
- Front Desk Grab the scheduling clipboards for staff and volunteers. Also grab the Safety book.
- Prebuild Staff Grab the Toolbox Signout Sheets.
- Build Staff Grab the Toolbox Signout Sheets (if they exist?).
- Warehouse Staff Grab the Safety Book and the Toolbox Signout Sheets.
- The first people out of the North (warehouse) and the south (thrift store or office) are to stick around help direct volunteers to the meeting space (located NE corner of SE 10th Avenue and Market).
- Staff, directed by The Action committee will sweep the building.