Exit Procedure for Collective Members
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Collective Member Exit Procedure
Because situations will vary, some of these steps will be more critical or time-sensitive in different cases. Documentation, however, is a must.
- Name of exiting collective member: ____________________
- Name of person completing checklist: _____________________
- Date checklist started: _____________________
|Staff member exit procedure||Date|
|As far in advance as possible:
|Two weeks before scheduled last day (or ASAP): Announce it to the community:
|Social Media Accounts: Remove access to (when applicable):
|In the database:
|Replacement and communications:
|On the wiki:|
|In scheduling software:
|Get feedback for the organization:
- * Document decision and supporting evidence in their personnel file on RT. If they resigned (left of their own accord) request a letter of resignation including last day of work, last day on payroll, reason for leaving. (This documents that Free Geek did not terminate them, and helps keep our unemployment payments low.)
- Calls about former employees should go to members of the HR committee.
- Information about unemployment should go to HR as well.