External Sales (PPS)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Program Name: External Sales
- Program Description:
- This Program is tasked to Find high priced equipment that would not sell in the Thrift Store, and find other sales avenues.
- What best describes this program?
- Primarily income generating (expected to make money for Free Geek)
- Why does Free Geek need this program?
- To Find sources of income from specialized equipment that would normaly be recycled
Job Position Basics
- Would there be a dedicated staff position associated with this program?
Costs and potential costs
- What are the expected financial staffing costs of the program? (Include all costs to the organization such as salary, payroll taxes, and benefits.)
- 20 hours/mo
- What other costs are associated with the program? (Include costs of materials needed, etc.)
- Shipping costs?
- If there will be a dedicated staff position, how much time would be needed for training?
- How much time would existing staff need to put in? ____20_______ hours @
- How time would existing volunteers need to put in? _____5_______ hours @
- Once the program is up and running how many staff how many hours per week would it take?
- In paid staff time? _____15_______ hours/week @
- In volunteer time? ______15_____ hours/week @
- Outline the intangible costs for the position and program:
- Are there any possible negative impacts on Free Geek's mission, and if so what?
- If someone sold the CGL I would move to Alaska and get eaten by a bear
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions currently in effect?
- It would get the big annoying things that lie around all the time because "they are so valuable we can't recycle them" out of here
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions being considered?
- Hopefully it would provide a bit of income to hire more people
- Would the program generate income? YES
- If yes, how much income would be expected once the program is up and running?
- If yes, how long would it take for the program to get to that point?
- Not a program, but if someone was didicated 15 hours a week on schedule, hopefully it would be a quick financial turnaround
- How does the program support the mission of Free Geek?
- It would get more items into reuse
- How can the success of the program be measured?
- It needs to bring in more money than the Staff Costs to test, find buyers, and ship the items
- For most income generating positions, the costs initially outweigh the benefits. If this is an income generating program, how long until it is expected to break even?
- Outline a plan for implementing the program:
- Put a bunch of stuff on ebay
- See if anyone bids
- See if the money we get is greater or equal to Staff costs for selling
- Profit! (Or Not)