Free Geek Definitions
Revision as of 12:56, 30 December 2004 by Rfs
This document is made up from several previously unrelated source documents and may contain terminology that is unfamilier to those outside of FREE GEEK. For your pleasure - a few geekisms:
- Administrators of Systems and Security - volunteer group of system adminstrators that over sees FREE GEEK's IT infrastructure.
- Volunteer programmers that help develop FREE GEEK software (Open Source of course!).
- consensus process
- A form of decision making that is democratic and non-hierarchical. More info .
- Consensus based policy group made up of FG board, staff and volunteers.
- Separated basic materials from demanufactured computer and electronic equipment (i.e. circuit boards, copper wire, aluminum, steel, plastic, etc.)
- Cast-off computers and other electronics, usually headed for the landfill or other unfortunate fates.
- FREE GEEK, Portland, OR
- FREE GEEK Database - Open Source gizmo and volunteer data management software developed by Free Geek.
- FREE GEEK MICHIANA, South Bend, IN
- FREE GEEK PENN, Ephrata, PA
- Any computer component that is entered into the database.