Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page provides information on what needs to be done while working at the front desk.
- Review and record phone messages
- Return calls.
- Send e-mail messages to staff or committees as needed.
- Check schedule sheet and record cancellations as needed.
- Prepare Staff Schedule sheet. Color code prebuild (pink), recycling (green) and hardware donations (yellow) staffers and shifts.
- Put out current volunteer schedule sheets for build and adoption.
- Make reminder calls for FreekBox Adoption Classes and Command Line classes.
- Set up cash drawer
- Check supplies (Tuesday afternoon) and prepare supply run list e-mail.
- Check hardware donation forms supply and print new forms as needed.
- Check and add printer paper if needed.
- Put previous day's staff schedule into filing cabinet
Tasks Done During Work Hours
Volunteers & Donors
- Take donations and print donation receipts.
- Enact the Bag Check Policy.
- Check in volunteers.
- Schedule volunteers.
- Log volunteer hours.
- Enter volunteer information after tour.
- Schedule groups for recycling
- Schedule volunteers for classes.
- Schedule and teach people Cleaning.
- Write their name & phone number in the classbook.
- Fill out a yellow reminder card for them.
Using the Phone
- Print necessary items through Dead trees.
- Build packets.
- Adoption packets.
- Schedule sheets.
Miscellaneous Important Tasks
- Ensure tour guide is available. Regularly Scheduled Tour Guides
- Occasional community service volunteer processing.
- See PayPal and/or on-line Donations
- Check build status book for missing information and alphabetize pages if needed.
- Remove Free Geek's fax number from unwanted solicitation faxes
- Provide information on how to get tech support
- How to handle requested pick-up calls: take the request and e-mail it to email@example.com.
- If Spanish speakers come to inquire about volunteering, print out the Spanish info sheet from the website [Cómo Voluntario]
- Update Wiki for Front Desk
Go to this page to see who's been approved to handle money at Free Geek. If someone wants to handle money, have 'em send an email to staff.