GAP stands for the Geek Access Point. The gapsters are the Free Geek volunteers responsible for these Free Geek sponsored public access computers.
GAP sites are currently found:
- The Red and Black Cafe
- 12th & SE Oak, Portland
We are looking for at least one new site to replace the old Chance of Rain site.
Current GAP Policy
- Free Geek can provide GAP computers for public access.
- The site where the GAP computer is deployed takes responsibility for internet connection costs.
- Access to the computers should be available to the general public and must be available free of charge.
- It is acceptable for the site to collect voluntary donations to support the internet access.
Restrictions to allow access
- The site can place reasonable restrictions (such as time limits) on use of the computers so as to allow wide usage.
- Free Geek can only provide technical support for the boxes to a limited number of locations. We encourage sites that want GAP systems to find staff or patrons of that site to join the gapsters. In general, starting a new site with support requires one new volunteer from that site to joining the gapsters. Email email@example.com for further information.
Getting a GAP box at your site
To request a GAP box at your site email firstname.lastname@example.org.