GEEK FAIR is Free Geek's annual celebration and summer fundraiser. It is a day-long block party in front of the FG Community Technology Center and inside the event space. This year, it's on July 16th from 1pm - 7pm.
Here's the latest Geek Fair Timeline.
Geek Fair is an Outreach committee project.
It is one one many Events that Free Geek does every year.
Next Geek Fair Five! coordinators meeting is Thursday, July 21st, 7:15pm at Free Geek.
If you are interested in helping out this year, as a coordinator, volunteer or sponsor, contact Shawn, Liane, Kathie or Oso or just come to the next meeting. You can also go to Geek Fair Volunteers.
- Fair Ideas - brainstorms about how to make the fair awesome!
- Permits - legal stuff needed to have events.
- Geek Fair Site Plan - what's happening where.
- Geek Fair Equipment - stuff we need to have for the event (tents, tables, etc.)
Getting Ready to Go!
- Geek Fair Setup Schedule: this timeline includes all those little things that need to be done the day before and the day of Geek Fair to make it all come together and work.
Music and Performers
- Bands - List of performers and confirmation status.
- Geek Fair Schedule - Timeline for the big day.
- Geek Fair Announcements - Stuff the MC should remember to say between acts.
Coordinator(s): Freyley, D-D-D-Dave!
Possible next year
- Mouseball Marbles needs a space with a relatively smooth and unobstructed floor
- Harddrive Platter Shuffleboard again needs a relatively smooth and long floor
- Mouse decorating
- Wind Chimes
- Paper Airplanes
- Door Hangers
- Waterballoon toss
- Sponge & Bucket race
Raffle and Silent Auction
Coordinator(s): Zea, Lori
Yep, this is where you find out about Booths.
Here's a Booth Confirmation Letter.
Volunteer Coordination Station
Coordinator(s): Oso, Clint
- Tents - Roots Organic Brewery, Local record stores? Ozone? Jackpot? Everyday?
- Beer - Roots Organic Brewery(not really sponsoring)