- Communicate with venue about their needs (they may have a projector or audio system but make sure you have )
- Gather all necessary items:
- DVD player and/or laptop
- video cables
- audio cables
- media (e.g. "Welcome to Free Geek")
- extension cord
- surge protector
- Test everything before you leave
We are currently building up the media lab with an open source editing station: Ubuntu Studio. It will expand as more cameras and media are brought in.
A project created by the Mt hood narrative
Setup Phase (funded part)
Teacher and students in the 1st stage, students are being groomed to become teachers
- year long build up to create stability in program
- teachers may become mentors if desired
Ongoing Program (unfunded part)
after the ramp up the program will shift to a aprentice and mentor positions. we will make procudre for members to join and leave the Media Geek Collective
- 4 Mentor Slots
- Guide and train appretances
- have keys, maintiain media lab hours, and share other responbilities
- 8 apprentice slots
- they do the production of the program
New Apprentice runs like build program
- Talk with Oso and Nathan - HR job descrip - timeline
- Get final approval from Board
- Annouce to teachers
- Annouce to related F/OSS projects: http://cvs.cinelerra.org/ others
- Prepaire press release
- Research equipment prices
- Get funding
- Send press release, call for students
- Make Classroom improvments november - december
- Build MediaLab upstairs
- Organize Render Farm work party -sergio 
- Test MediaLab
Training Geeks to make movies about geeks so that we can make more geeks: Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission
Interested in Helping
Ed Stastny (ed AT novia DOT net) would like to make some short videos following computer parts though their cycles (no longer lives in portland)
P B (pgb2720 AT yahoo DOT com) has camera and equipment and would like to help document freegeek.
Bob Nisbet (robertanisbet AT comcast DOT net) from PCM.
joe biel (ragsinyourstabwounds AT gmail DOT com)
Mark (iolair DOT fg AT gmail DOT com) - PCM, MECM, & TVCTV - lets see if we can tape some of geek fair
jeff johnson (jeff AT comfrey DOT net) free software video editing and audio processing.
Crank My Chain
clearly many folks would like to be involved, how this takes place should probably be transparent, but if its totally covert I will understand.
every third thursday we have our monthly screening check it out at The Mothership
(eep! it is on permanent temporary hiatus. maybe some other day or time? click link above for details)
Welcome to Free Geek
Marie and Rev have made a video: "Welcome to Free Geek" A Pants on Production about Free Geek. Who needs a copy?
All the FG wannabes!
Hiamal Llanos <hllanos [AT] gmx.net> Free Geek like place in Stolkholm http://www.infos.se/
Clinton St Theater FreekTV Fundraiser
revphil is hosting a movie night at the clinton Wed, July 26th. It should be pretty awesome, but what if we make it a fundraiser for this project? It may not make more than a few hundred dollars (maybe a thousand) so im not sure it will be really worth it, but folks often say "why not have a fundraiser for revphil" The obvious answer is that revphil probably would not show up for it. alas.
it kinda seems stupid. but maybe we can use it as matching funds for something else? i dont know... or perhaps we give the Clinton a new projector (from our friend from InFocus who went to my last movie night on the 8th) they give us some money or something...