This page is being migrated to a documnent of Free Geek's Google Drive.
Once the migration is done, we will post a link to the new page.
Checking the Cables and Connections
- Is the power strip on?
- Is the computer plugged into the power strip?
- Is the power switch on the back of the power supply on?
- Is the power supply plugged into the motherboard?
- Some motherboards have a 4 pin connector (as well as the 20 or 24 pin connector). Make sure that this is also plugged in properly.
- Is the power switch connected to the motherboard?
Alternative method for determining the processor information
This is your last resort option. Do not do this unless the instructions told you to.
- Is the computer marked with the model number or speed?
- Use this information. (You may need to google the model number.)
- If (and only if) that does not work:
- Check with an instructor
- See if you can see the speed without removing anything
- Remove the heat sink/fan only if necessary
- You may need a magnifying glass. (See instructor.)
English Version: Getting_the_Processor_Information
Vercion Español: Getting_the_Processor_Information_en_Español