The Grant Writing group is overseen by the Outreach Standing Committee.
Goals of Grant Writing group
- Hold regular meetings
- Report to council or ask the council for recommendations on what to write grants for
- Create an overlap of skills: 2 people should know how to do each task (there may be a problem with retention on this)
- Maintain a consistent coordinator who sets up meetings, and checks in with folks throughout the month regarding grant writing progress
- On downtimes (when there aren't grants to write), hold workshops/lessons to further educate volunteer grant writers
This is a repository of past and present grants as well as a resource for researching, and writing grants for Free Geek.
The Grant Writing Group is an open committee, anyone with an interest in grant writing is encouraged to attend/participate. Volunteer tasks that are available are:
- Research of potential grants
- Contacting foundations for information/guidelines and other assistance
- Writing narratives
- Preparing budgets and financial statements
- Formatting and assembling grant submittals
- Preparing progress reports and final reports
- Site visits/tours for granting foundation
Group is not currently meeting, proposed time is 2nd Thursdays of the month at 7:15pm.
- Grant Deadlines - upcoming potential grants and when they are due.
- Grant Drafts - grant writing in progress.
- Pending Grants - submitted grants waiting for acceptence/rejection.
- Successful Grants - text of grants that got us money!
Grant Source Materials
- Narratives - current organizational descriptions
- Financial Statements - current statements, program budgets and project budgets.
- Appendices - additional material, demographics, performance statistics, reports and sources.
- Stats and Testimonials - raw data available for incorporation into self-flattery material
- Grant Writing Class - Oso's grant writing course outline.