Information on how to get tech support
This is a how to for those working at the front desk to better assist volunteers who need help from Tech Support Experts.
- Tech Support Hours are from 3 to 6 pm, Tuesday through Saturday or by appointment.
- By phone - call the main Free Geek number during support hours - (503) 232-9350, then option 5
- Walkin - Come to the reception area during tech support hours and they will direct you back to the tech support area
- Email - send an email to support AT freegeek.org (this of course can be done at any time, not just tech support hours).
- If a volunteer brings in a system outside of tech support hours, fill out a Tech Support Intake form and attach it to the box. Make sure that the following information especially gets on the form.
- volunteer name and geek ID number (or the source of the box for store boxes and grants)
- phone number or email
- username and password for the box or permission to change the password.
- a brief description of the problem
Please sign or initial the form so we know who the volunteer talked to. The forms should be available behind the front desk or in the tech support office, or can be printed out from here .