Difference between revisions of "Laptop Volunteer Internship"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 15:21, 1 June 2014
This page has been migrated to a document on Free Geek's Google Drive.
Information remaining behind may no longer be relevant.
When you have tagged this page as migrated,
(Link to new page immediately below.)
Job Title: Laptop Intern
- Learn Free Geek's general and diagnostic procedures by working your way through the Build Program as a <a href="#build">Build Volunteer</a>
- Evaluate incoming and stored laptops for possible future use
- Become familiar with idiosyncrasies of various laptop hardware configurations
- Work with laptop project coordinator to organize and keep stock of laptop area
- Work with laptop project coordinator to repair laptops
- Help document and organize laptop service manuals and other relevant educational materials.
- Experience as a Free Geek <a href="#build">Build Volunteer</a>
- Experience with pc hardware
- Moderate experience with laptop hardware
- Must be able to follow complex, detailed instructions accurately
- Ability to do accurate, efficient Internet research
- Experience using a wiki
The ideal candidate will be able to work well under stress and maintain a positive attitude in a relatively chaotic setting. The candidate will not be afraid to ask questions, but will be able to work on projects with minimal supervision. The candidate will be able to remain flexible as Free Geek grows and changes.
This position is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable job skills, make a difference for people and the environment, and make connections in the community. Active volunteers are eligible to receive a 20% discount on items in the Free Geek Thrift Store and to become a member of the First Tech Credit Union. Free Geek also offers free computer classes to volunteers. In addition, interns can choose to receive a free computer after volunteering 24 hours in our internship program.
Please fill out our interest form, and we'll get back to you soon.