Many pages on this wiki are out of date. We are in the process of migrating currently useful contect to Google Docs. This process will take a while, but in the meantime, please help by identifying which pages are still useful.
If you see a pages that is still in use, please edit it and add the following code at the top:
Want to gelp with the migration?
To do this you will need a Free Geek Google Apps account. (See Richard.)
We are developing the best system for migrating content from this wiki to documents on our Google Drive. In general, if you are migrating a group of pages:
- Create a new folder on your Free Geek Google Drive. This will help organize related documents.
- Allow that folder to be visible to all of Free Geek and editable by an appropriate group.
- For each page you will migrate:
- Create a new Google Doc in that folder. Give it an appropriate name (the same as the one from the wiki?)
- View the printable version of your wiki page.
- Highlight all text. Copy and paste into the new document.
- Clean up the formatting and save.
LEGACY WIKI INFO
Please login. This will give you a username and a page of your own on which to brag, preach, lament or act mysterious.
Some pages to look at:
- Recent changes shows the most recent edits.
- If you're a brand-new wiki editor, check out this quick-start editing help page and this FAQ.
- Practice editing should happen on the Sandbox.
- "My watchlist" is a way of keeping track of changes on particular pages.
- Each page has a corresponding discussion page. Use this page to discuss major changes, questions, etc...