- Program Name: Nonprofit Assistance Program
- Program Description:
As an extension to the Hardware Grants program, this is meant to be a way of providing the needs analysis part of a nonprofit's technological needs.
- What best describes this program?
- Primarily income generating (expected to make money for Free Geek)
- Primarily meets program needs (expected to cost more money than it makes)
HA! I ain't touching this one.
- Why does Free Geek need this program?
good question, answered best by looking at the grant requests that come in with no idea about what they actually want.
Job Position Basics
- Would there be a dedicated staff position associated with this program? Not in the short term
Costs and potential costs
- What are the expected financial staffing costs of the program? (Include all costs to the organization such as salary, payroll taxes, and benefits.)
some hours a week
- What other costs are associated with the program? (Include costs of materials needed, etc.)
- Once the program is up and running how many staff how many hours per week would it take?
- In paid staff time? ______10_______ hours/week
- In volunteer time? ______30_______ hours/week
- Outline the intangible costs for the position and program:
- Are there any possible negative impacts on Free Geek's mission, and if so what?
...it ends with 'lab', but doesn't begin with 'science'.
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions currently in effect?
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions being considered?
- Would the program generate income? YES...
- If yes, how much income would be expected once the program is up and running? $ 300 / month
- If yes, how long would it take for the program to get to that point? many months
- How does the program support the mission of Free Geek?
it helps people with their technology, and those people help the world.
- How can the success of the program be measured?
number of nonprofits assited, span of time in which this program does not threaten the existence of freegeek
- For most income generating positions, the costs initially outweigh the benefits. If this is an income generating program, how long until it is expected to break even?
- Outline a plan for implementing the program: