New Director Agreement
THIS IS A DRAFT
This draft is based on a board member agreement that is in place at TryOn Life Community Farm, please poke at it.
BOARD MEMBER AGREEMENT Free Geek, Inc.
- I am responsible with the other board members for the health and well-being of Free Geek. I am fiscally and legally responsible for this organization along with other board members. It is my duty to keep abreast of the programs, policies and financial situation at Free Geek.
- My focus as a board member is to promote Free Geek's mission of: recycling used technology to provide computers, education, internet access and job skills training to those in need in exchange for community service. I will be part of periodic evaluations and planning to ensure that we are carrying out that mission effectively.
- My commitment to this board is for a 2-year term and will probably involve 10 hours per month.
- I will attend X board meetings a year. I will come prepared to meetings by following through on my commitments and reading any pertinent materials.
- I will maintain council membership and stay abreast of current issues before the council. I understand this entrails meetings.
- I will attend Board orientation meetings and trainings, general meetings, key conferences and other special meetings.
- I will participate in an area of Free Geek's work, such as belonging to or advising a working committee, coordinating an event, leading a program area or overseeing an internal function.
- I will actively outreach for Free Geek, and participate in fund-raising efforts to the best of my ability.
- I will make what is for me a significant financial donation to the organization annually.
- I will inform this board of any conflicts of interest either actual (financial) or perceived. The focus of my involvement on this board is to further our mutual mission rather than any personal agenda.
- I understand that each board member brings with them valuable skills and talents, unique information, experiences and community affiliations. I will extend these contributions of my own to carry out the mission.
- I will take time to enjoy the Free Geek community, and will strive to make board participation a fun and fulfilling project for myself and others.
No quotas have been set; no rigid standards of measurement and achievement have been formed. We trust each other to carry out the above agreements to the best of our ability, each in our own way, with knowledge, approval and support of all.
As a member of the Free Geek Board, I agree to the above: