New Director Agreement
DRAFT (based on a board member agreement that is in place at TryOn Life Community Farm)
Purpose of this document:
conform will write a draft of this
- I, and the other board members, are responsible for the organizational well-being of Free Geek. I am fiscally and legally responsible for this organization along with other board members. It is my duty to keep abreast of the programs, policies and financial situation at Free Geek.
I'd like to make it clearer which part of free geek's well-being the board is specifically tasked with - the structural part that interfaces with gov't, etc. Joe will further legalify/delegalify by Nov 17.--Ideath
- My focus as a board member is to promote Free Geek's mission.
- My commitment to this board is for a 2-year term and will probably involve 10 hours of volunteer work per month.
- I will make my best effort to attend all board meetings. I will come prepared to meetings by following through on my commitments and reading any pertinent materials.
- I will make my best efforts to attend all council meetings in order to stay abreast of current issues before the council.
- I will attend Board orientation meetings and trainings, general meetings, key conferences and other special meetings.
- I will participate in an area of Free Geek's work, such as belonging to or advising a working committee, coordinating an event, leading a program area or overseeing an internal function.
- I will actively outreach for Free Geek, and participate in fund-raising efforts to the best of my ability.
- I will make what is for me a significant financial donation to the organization annually.
- I will inform this board of any conflicts of interest either actual (financial) or perceived. The focus of my involvement on this board is to further our mutual mission rather than any personal agenda.
- I recognize that each board member brings with them valuable skills and talents, unique information, experiences and community affiliations. I will respect the contributions of others as I extend contributions of my own to carry out the mission.
- I may also need to seek out further information or learn new skills, as necessary, to protect the legal and financial health of Free Geek.
- I will take time to enjoy the Free Geek community, and will strive to make board participation a fun and fulfilling project for myself and others.
No quotas have been set; no rigid standards of measurement and achievement have been formed. We trust each other to carry out the above agreements to the best of our ability, each in our own way, with knowledge, approval and support of all.
As a member of the Free Geek Board, I agree to the above: