New Laptop Docs: Laptop QC checklist
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Physical inspection
- Check for any damage to the system like cracks or missing keys. If you find any, send the system back to laptop build.
- Remove any stickers that are not from Free Geek, especially of they identify the previous owner, or Microsoft Asset Tags
- Plug in the power adapter and boot into the BIOS. If you get an error along the lines of 'checksum error' or 'defaults loaded', let your instructor know. Otherwise, check the boot order. The prefered order is to start with the CD, end with the network, with the Hard Drive somewhere inbetween.
- Keyboard and mouse test
- Boot to the network and load the keyboard and mouse testing testing tool.
- Ethernet and USB test
- Run basiccheck and stress test
- Battery Test results
- Check WiFi connectivity
- Run updates
- Run PrintMe