- Program Name: Printers Program
- Program Description: Refurbish Printers for Resale. Train People how to Refurbish Printers.
- What best describes this program?
- Printers are a large portion of e-waste. Currently 2/3 of the printers we receive are recycled. The purpose would be redirecting printers to reuse verusus recycling.
- Primarily income generating (expected to make money for Free Geek)
- Why does Free Geek need this program?
- Free Geek Is recieving More and More Printers every day. We should not just Recycle them Because they still have life in them.
Job Position Basics
- Would there be a dedicated staff position associated with this program? YES
- Position Title: Printer Coordinator
- Job Description:
- Organize and train Volunteers to Refurbish Printers
Costs and potential costs
- What are the expected financial staffing costs of the program? (Include all costs to the organization such as salary, payroll taxes, and benefits.)
- The Program will cost one Staff Member.
- What other costs are associated with the program? (Include costs of materials needed, etc.)
- This Program takes up space, Perhaps as mutch as Build.
- If there will be a dedicated staff position, how much time would be needed for training?
- How much time would existing staff need to put in? The Program is started
- How time would existing volunteers need to put in? _same as Build_ hours
- Once the program is up and running how many staff how many hours per week would it take?
- In paid staff time? _a little less than build_ hours/week
- In volunteer time? _a little less than build_ hours/week
- Outline the intangible costs for the position and program:
- Are there any possible negative impacts on Free Geek's mission, and if so what?
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions currently in effect?
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions being considered?
- Would the program generate income? YES
- If yes, how much income would be expected once the program is up and running? $Much / month
- If yes, how long would it take for the program to get to that point? 1.5 months
- How does the program support the mission of Free Geek?
- We would be training People, and Reusing more of the electronics that come in the door.
- How can the success of the program be measured?
- Printers are in the stor
- People are learning how to fix them.
- For most income generating positions, the costs initially outweigh the benefits. If this is an income generating program, how long until it is expected to break even?
- 1 Month
- Outline a plan for implementing the program:
- Organise the Printers
- Read the Tech manuals and try and fix them.
- Put a Program together to create structure