Receiving Training Checklist
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Teach Adoption volunteers basic intake procedures using this as a guide
- Manage flow of gizmos through the hardware donations receiving area:
- Keep staff updated on changes in receiving
- Ensure that Hardware Donations is well integrated with Free Geeks production and sales areas:
- Here are some other things to know about:
- Update the wiki with documentation
- Participate in NPA, Inreach, and Front Desk Meetings
- Post updates from the Staff FYI binder to the receiving email list
- Put away any hardware left over from the night before and tally any dumps.
- Empty any boxes that need it and replace boxes as necessary.
- Make sure that you have enough donation tally sheets on each clip board (if not see if there are any that can erased at the front desk or print more) and make sure each clipboard has a sharpened pencil.
- Gather and clear all carts.
At the beginning of your shift:
- Introduce yourself to all volunteers.
- Assess new volunteers' abilities and train them accordingly.
- Show volunteers that will be assisting with taking donations where things belong, including a quick tour of the building to show them monitor testing, evaluation, and printerland incoming.
- Teach speaker, mice and keyboard testing, and answer related questions.
- Assist donors in unloading donations. Be available to answer questions donors have that volunteers may not have the answers to.
- Assist volunteers in sorting smaller things, as well as dealing with larger hardware.
- Empty boxes on shelves as necessary, as well as the cardboard and paper.
- Are things slow?
- Tie up cords
- Make sure all plastic bins have appropriate plastics in them
- Go through boxes to make sure they have the appropriate things in them
- Show someone how to do keyboard/mouse/speaker testing
- Sweep floor
- Purge room of dirty dishes
- Are things slow?
- Empty boxes as necessary.
- Empty lockbox
- Turn off lights and shutdown testing computer and stereo system.
- Thursday night = take out paper recycling
- Tally anything leftover and clip it to the Receiving Staff FYI clipboard.
- Thursdays and Saturdays are adoption classes; do your best to have enough materials ready (i.e. 8 speaker sets).