- Program Name: Recycling
- Program Description: Digest Products that are deamed unreausable.
- What best describes this program? (yes all 3)
- Primarily meets program needs (expected to cost more money than it makes)
- Primarily income generating (expected to make money for Free Geek)
- Administrative (expected to support other programs that generate income and/or meet program needs)
- Why does Free Geek need this program?
- Every day Free Geek Recieves Electronical componets at its door step.
Job Position Basics
- Would there be a dedicated staff position associated with this program? YES
- Position Title: Recycling
- Job Description:
- Cordinate and facilitate Volunteers who are signed up for recycling
- Maintain and Schedule Recycling Venders
- Continuis Process Inprovement
Costs and potential costs
- What are the expected financial staffing costs of the program? (Include all costs to the organization such as salary, payroll taxes, and benefits.)
- We should staff Recycling every hour we are open for Recieving
- What other costs are associated with the program? (Include costs of materials needed, etc.)
- Tools, and Safty Equipment
- If there will be a dedicated staff position, how much time would be needed for training?
- How much time would existing staff need to put in? _100%__ hours @
- How time would existing volunteers need to put in? _Many_ hours @
- Once the program is up and running how many staff how many hours per week would it take?
- In paid staff time? 100% open hours
- In volunteer time? _Many_ hours/week
- Outline the intangible costs for the position and program:
- Are there any possible negative impacts on Free Geek's mission, and if so what?
- Focusing only on Recycling would take away from Reuse.
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions currently in effect?
- This Program will effect other programs only if its done in correctley.
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions being considered?
- Recycling is one of our first Programs. Most all of our other Programs depend on recycling and would not servive with out it.
- Would the program generate income? YES
- If yes, how much income would be expected once the program is up and running? $ 1 / month
- If yes, how long would it take for the program to get to that point? 3 minuits
- How does the program support the mission of Free Geek?
- Proper Recycling, Education.
- How can the success of the program be measured?
- Happiness with its volunteers
- Safety levels for the workers
- Profit (the $$$)
- For most income generating positions, the costs initially outweigh the benefits. If this is an income generating program, how long until it is expected to break even?
- Currently Recycling Breaks eaven.
- Outline a plan for implementing the program:
- Form a committee
- Define recycling gools and priorities.