Recycling Program Coordinator
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Note: Salaries and benefits are subject to debate/changes - this is an educated guess at what is affordable and appropriate -- but all the numbers have not been crunched.
- Maintain and supervise recycling area(s).
- Train volunteer workers to perform required recycling tasks.
- Negotiate recycling contracts with recycling vendors.
- Schedule recycled material pickups with recycling/transportation vendors.
- Record quantity and weight data from vendors for use in monthly/yearly reports.
- Organize recycled materials storage in the warehouse (coordinate with Reuse Program).
- Research and evaluate best environmental practices for material recycling.
- Research and evaluate markets for recycled materials.
- Give tours of recycling operation to visitors.
- Participate in collective management structure.
Job Skills Required:
- Basic computer knowledge, use of web browser, email and word processor, database and spreadsheet.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Patient and courteous with the public.
- Forklift operation (training available).
- Pallet jack operation.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
- Volunteer coordination.
- Full-time, 32 hours per week.
- Tuesday thru Friday, 10:30am to 7:30pm (plus meetings, with some flexibility)
- $1368 per month, 96 hours combined vacation and sick time per year, healthcare and dental plan.
- Applications due by August 15, 2003. Job starts September 1, 2003.