Reuse Program Coordinator: Advanced Testing
This job description is in progress
- Interview, orient, train and coordinate volunteers and volunteer interns during floor shifts in Advanced Testing.
- Work with other instructors and volunteers to refine Advanced Testing and other production area procedures.
- Keep Advanced Testing orderly and stocked with supplies.
- Ensure a steady supply of tested gizmos to the Store, Online Sales, Grants, Build and Infrastructure.
- Be an active member of the Production Committee and other committees related to Advanced Testing.
- Track tested devises going to the store and to online sales.
- Prioritize testing according to needs of other production areas and sales.
- Work with instructors and volunteers to keep testing documentation up to date and easy to follow.
- Communicate with other instructors to maintain or improve infrastructure in Advanced Testing.
- Maintaining Advanced Testing volunteer shifts schedule, making sure that Advanced Testing shifts are adequately staffed by volunteers.
- Provide avenues/opportunities for Advanced Testing volunteers beyond testing gizmos.
- Participate in comprehensive planning for program changes that affect Advanced Testing and other production areas.
- Abide by Expectations for All Paid Workers
- Experience managing volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Enjoys working with people
- Enjoys the learning process
- Aptitude for learning technical skills
- Well versed in troubleshooting techniques
- Patient and courteous with the public
- Detail oriented, but able to see (and understand) the big picture
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to remain professional in an informal, friendly environment with a diverse staff
- Work well under stress in an unusual setting, maintaining a positive attitude even in the face of adversity
- Ability to work and communicate well in a collectively-run organization
- Ability to work in a consensus decision making process related to staff and policy issues
- Not afraid to ask questions, but able to work on projects almost entirely without supervision
- Ability to remain flexible as Free Geek grows and changes
- Must be available all day Saturdays