Safety Tips By Area
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- do not put monitors larger than 17" on top shelves
- Know your lifting ability. Monitors are often heavy; remember that it is ok to ask someone to help you.
- Keep an eye on carts with monitors on the top level as they sometimes tip over, especially if they are too near the edge of the sidewalk.
- Do not pack monitor gaylords alone, this is a 2 person job.
- When cutting wire, particularly wallwarts, use insulated clippers.
- Be careful when smashing printers. This is best done behind the row of gaylords while keeping an eye on the windows.
- If you do get hurt, please inform a staff member immediately, even if it seems like something little. We just want to make sure you are ok.
- keep objects out of pathway. i.e. free boxs under table need to be push back out of the way.
- keep box lids tucked inside and out of path ways.
- keep floor swept and free of objects to avoid slipping.
Between Here and There
- keep sidewalk pathway clear of donated items and paper or other items that may cause slipping.