In late 2012, Free Geek's board created a strategic planning committee (known as StratComm).
Tools we've used
Tools for assessing our current situation:
Sustainability Bubble Charts
One tool we use helps us assess a dual bottom line. This tool lets us visually review our program activities by weighing both financial success and mission impact. The process is spelled out in the book Nonprofit Sustainability and uses a bubble chart to show cost, net income (or net loss), and mission impact.
This classic tool helps us see our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats side by side.
- Operational vs. Strategic Issues
- Strategy Change Cycle
- Strategy Planning Overview
- Sustainability Bubble Charts 2008-2012
- SWOT brainstorm from our first Town Hall Meeting
- Mark Ralston, Board, (Committee chairperson)
- Ashley Sue Masoomian, Bargaining Unit
- John Ashcraft, Bargaining Unit
- Richard Seymour, Senior Management Team
- Cynthia Prevatte, Senior Management Team
- Darren Heiber, Senior Management Team
- Dina Dickerson, Board
- Michael Kelly, Volunteer, Bargaining Unit, Management
- Kyle Kasner, Volunteer, Bargaining Unit
- Mary Meier, Volunteer
Contact the Committee via e-mail - strategyATfreegeekDOTorg.
StratComm Meetings happen in the Meeting Room on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, 4:30-6pm.
- April 16, 2013
- May 7, 2013
- May 21, 2013
- June 4, 2013
- June 18, 2013