System Administration (PPS)
- Program Basics
- Program Name: System Administrator
- Program Description:
- hire a coordinator to make sure the ASSes keep up with their duties and that the computer infrastructure at freegeek is functioning and provides for our continued needs.
- What best describes this program?
- Administrative (expected to support other programs that generate income and/or meet program needs)
- Why does Free Geek need this program?
- because we use computers to do things
Job Position Basics
- Would there be a dedicated staff position associated with this program? yes
- Position Title: ass coordinator
- Job Description:
- make sure our computer infrastructure is all working, train and coordinate volunteer administrators
Costs and potential costs
- What are the expected financial staffing costs of the program? (Include all costs to the organization such as salary, payroll taxes, and benefits.)
- 15 hours a week
- What other costs are associated with the program? (Include costs of materials needed, etc.)
- the hardware needed, the utility bill for all those computers
- If there will be a dedicated staff position, how much time would be needed for training?
- How much time would existing staff need to put in? 2-80 hours
- How time would existing volunteers need to put in? 2-90 hours
- Once the program is up and running how many staff how many hours per week would it take?
- In paid staff time? 15 hours/week
- In volunteer time? 0-40 hours/week
- Outline the intangible costs for the position and program:
- Are there any possible negative impacts on Free Geek's mission, and if so what?
- i am having trouble thinking of any
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions currently in effect?
- it will support them and help them develop
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions being considered?
- Would the program generate income? not likely
- How does the program support the mission of Free Geek?
- by allowing us to do the things we do, whatever they may be.
- How can the success of the program be measured?
- tickets resolved, user feedback, number of volunteer sysadmin hours
- Outline a plan for implementing the program:
- hire someone, or move existing staff hours around to cover this. ask for feedback and assistance from the ASSes