Taking over office space in the South (PPS)
- Program Basics
- Program Name: Taking over office space in the South
- Program Description:
- Take over space that is currently being sublet to tenants who pay rent indirectly to Free Geek.
- What best describes this program?
- Why does Free Geek need this program?
- As we grow we need more space to process things and give people offices to work out of.
Job Position Basics
- Would there be a dedicated staff position associated with this program?
- No, it would actually free up staff, since we'd need less time collecting rent and doing landlord like activities.
- What are the expected financial staffing costs of the program? (Include all costs to the organization such as salary, payroll taxes, and benefits.)
- Loss of rental income -- $226 per month if all tenants (except Ken) leave. $616 per month if all tenants left.
- What other costs are associated with the program?
- Cabling and phone infrastructure -- exact costs unknown
- Outline the intangible costs for the position and program:
- There will disruption of most areas of Free Geek as people move around.
- Are there any possible negative impacts on Free Geek's mission, and if so what?
- Not really.
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions currently in effect?
- Fitting into the overall space usage plan, this would help streamline operations by allowing production to centralize.
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions being considered?
- (see previous question)
- Would the program generate income? NO
- How does the program support the mission of Free Geek?
- Indirectly by providing office space for staff and reducing the amount of non-mission related administrative work.
- How can the success of the program be measured?
- Less administrative time spent on chasing rent, more adequate office space for staff.
- Outline a plan for implementing the program:
- As current tenants leave, take over their space. Potentially give notice to smaller tenants or to grab contiguous space. Integrate with established space usage process.