Talk:Books We Want
multcolib has Ambient Findability and Art of Project Management on-order now.
A STRONG SUGGESTION
All the specific suggestions are nice, but can we discuss a more structural approach?
I'd like to see a breakdown of what "classes" of volunteers and programs we want to have books available for.
I will post off the top of my head, and hopefully others will refine. Let's try to get a good broad selection that covers these folks.Then we can cross-reference with the O'Reilly and No Starch catalogs.
- Total newbies (Linux for Beginners)
- Distro developers
- Books documenting software that is in the Freekbox 3 distro (and that Tech Support supports.)
- Debian GNU/Linux, KDE (and Gnome?), OpenOffice, Firefox, Thunderbird, The Gimp. Others?
- Books documenting software or technologies that we use for Free Geek infrastructure.
- Apache, PHP, MySQL/PostgreSQL, MediaWiki, RT, SVN, Mailman, Courier, Postfix, Others? (see Software Overview.)
-Pete 18:32, 26 Feb 2006 (PST)