Talk:Build Instructor Guide
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Build Instructor Training Itinerary (August 4th, 2010)
- everyone say how long they've been Build instructors, what their favorite thing about it is or why they want to be a Build instructor.
- Statistics on how many computers we've built & given away since March
- Comments from LimeSurvey (1 constructive criticism & 2 compliments)
- How the Lucid upgrade is coming along/discussing recurring issues (Caitlin)
- Reminder to have Builders take the online survey when they've completed their take home boxes
Recap from last training
- Has anyone tried some of these things? If so, how did it go?
- Inviting the Build room in
- Making the Builder "drive"
- Encouraging Builders to seek out information on their own
- When some one is new, what do you tell them to orient them?
- If you had more time, what would you tell them?
- Ideally, we would like to be able to teach people how to build computers without relying on the Free Geek infrastructure. As a first step, what are our learning objectives for our Builders?
- What things are you surprised people don't know by their 6th box?
Q & A
- If there's time
Build Instructor Training Itinerary (March 9th, 2010):
- everyone introduces themselves and describes how they became a build instructor/why they are interested in becoming a build instructor.
- Share feedback from surveys
- Share statistics showing computers granted/given away. Not possible without our build instructors
- to present strategies for making our build program as educational as possible
- to collaboratively create best practices for working with volunteer builders
- to better prepare new instructors
- share acquired knowledge and wisdom
- avenue for communication between build instructors
- bring everyone together on the same page regarding changes and basic procedures
- to workshop challenging scenarios
Review Build Instructor and Assistant Duties
- disbursing systems: make sure builders know about tech support and receive an ubuntu new user faq.
workshop challenging scenarios
- in this section, ask instructors how they handle these scenarios
- teacher tips within this section
this should be the bulk of the training
Q and A
Snacks to get
- fruit salad
- cheese and bread
- (maybe) sandwich fixins