Talk:Free Geek Email
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Stuff that could be added to this page, if it's the right place for it and got filled in a little:
- Cool! -- MW
- you have a quota
- too bad you can't find out how close you are to overrunning it!
- According to Martin, there is no quota on the email system. Do you have contrary information? -- MW
For information on quota, see Martin's message to the ASS list on 11/08/2005, with subject "Re: [freegeek-ass] Mail quota warning".
- As you have to be on the ass list to see Martin's message, I'll summarize: 50MB quota is in force, we have some space to give out extra space at the moment, long term we want to replace that server anyway.
- sending mail
- you may send mail through mail.freegeek.org as a SMTP server if you do so within a few hours of signing in to check your mail.
- Does not work reliably and not at all for relaying to a non-freegeek address. -- MW
- how to change your password
- ask an ASS in person.
- your address plus
- mail addressed to "email@example.com" will get delivered just the same as mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org". You might use this feature to give different addresses to different sign-up services.
- spam filtering
- if you create a mail folder called "Spam", stuff caught by our spam filtration system will end up in it. We provide no interface for customizing or tuning the spam filter.
- other things we do to your mail
- virus filter, etc. that stuff probably doesn't even make it in to the "Spam" folder. I don't know.
- other limits on mail
- is there a per-message size limit?
- things we don't support yet
- SMTP AUTH or SMTP over SSL.