The Wiki Class
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Class outline - Wiki
- What is a wiki?
- how does Free Geek use it?
- what eltze does Free Geek use?
- Navigation (e.g. Tabs, Side Bar, Categories.)
- Searching and how it works.
- Do you have a login? if not, we'll have to create one
- Page elements (wiki markup)
- Headers - creats the table of contents
- Formating text
- links - O Ok.
- Bullits - adds a bit of structure
- Templates - what are they?
- Now the fun part - its a wiki, no mistake is unfixable.
- Create a "red link" so we can create a page
- Fill our the page with your info (whats the difference between "Save page" and "Show preview")
- One way to do this is - Cut and paste into the new page a basic page layout (for the rpg its a template)
- Have every one check out history, why comments are a good thing?
- Have the students edit an existing page. (the cook book project)
- Look through the pages that have been created to find one that isn't in the proper format
- Adjust the page to make it more like the others.