Training guide for Jacob
Jacob's Training for the front desk
This can be used as a checklist for orienting front desk interns. To check off a subject that has been covered just initial it with four ~ in a row. Jacob 17:30, 18 March 2008 (PDT)
- Dana Dana 16:53, 18 March 2008 (PDT)
- Mary Kate
- How to utilize articles under the Front Desk category.
- Answering the phone Jacob 18:35, 18 March 2008 (PDT)
- Checking the checks Jacob 18:35, 18 March 2008 (PDT)
- Data Entry
- Donation Receipt
- Email lists
- FAQ for phone call response
- Free Geek FAQ
- Front Desk
- Handling Corporate Donations at Receiving
- Information on how to get tech support
- Invoicing Donors
- Opening and closing out the till
- Phone System Howto
- Printing from the Front Desk
- Processing Monetary Donations
- Receiving Calendar
- Regularly Scheduled Tour Guides
- Reimbursement for mileage
- Sick Friend Letters
- Volunteer Cashiers Policy
- How to edit and create wiki pages Shawn 17:50, 18 March 2008 (PDT)
Beyond the wiki: the rest of these tasks will be taught hands on
This is also a checklist
- Phone functions, paging and transferring calls.
- Checking the messages:
- Front Desk mailbox.
- General mailbox.
- Q-west mailbox.
- Build (explain terms such as pre-build and build workshop, self scheduling for build workshop volunteers, ect.)
- Adoption (group scheduling, one person per line, ect.)
- Receiving calendar.
Recording things in the database
- Recycling Systems-eval tally sheets
-Printing from Deadtrees.
Cashing out and counting till and other tillish stuff
- Pre-opening till count and paperwork.
- Closing till count.
- Searching for mistakes.
- Credit Card machine.
- IOUs and Reimbursements.
Email-Lists public and private
website extensions for applications such as www.freegeek.org
- Build Status Sheets.
- Borrow Book.
Signing up Volunteers after tour
- Processing community service volunteers (Mult Co Court and others)
It is also important to orient people with the organization and culture of Free Geek. A few ways of doing this are:
- Introduce the new intern or volunteer to everyone and explain what it is that each staff member or core volunteer does.
- Explain the unique structure of Free Geek including the role of council, the board, staff and committees.
- Communication-what is the particular norm for different groups relaying information
- Making reminder calls
- Room use calendar,