User:Jwmh/Class Drafts/Module:UI login screen
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[ Meta notes
- need more info, links here -- to UI conventions -- "fields," "typable," etc... lotta vocabulary to be throwing at them.
- idea: sections for modules; "new vocab introduced"?
Module: (UI) Login screen
keys to different apartments in a building
- guest [session]: key to a hotel room for one night -- cleaned after you leave
- Username: Identifies who you are (like a room number on an apartment building)
- Password: Security to ensure you're allowed in (like the key to your room)
- depending on how it's setup, you might have a list of usernames displayed -- and you just click on one. OR, you might have to manually type in the username.
- pay attention to how the typable field is labeled
- shutdown / reboot / etc
- on some computers, might be prevented from choosing these until after you login (proving that you proper "security")
- [best to cover these here, before getting into the desktop environment..]
- Session info; keyboard types; etc