Jump to navigation Jump to search
She's short. She's perky. She built her own office.
There. Now that pesky question mark is gone!
New York, Here I Come!
- Blue Stockings books: 172 Allen Street between Stanton and Rivington - which means that they are 1 block south of Houston and 1st Avenue. Subway instructions: 1 block south of the F train's 1st Avenue stop and just 5 blocks from the JMZ-line's Essex / Delancey Steet stop. Yea...
- Williamsburg Artists' Market: erg. this one might be hard to find.
- Little Italy: In lower Manhattan south of Houston and north of Canal St. Kind of towards the east. To get there from the East Side: Take the 6 subway downtown to the Spring Street station. Walk East 2 blocks to Mulberry Street. OR Take the M103 bus on Lexington Avenue down to Grand Street and walk West 3 blocks to Mulberry Street.
- MOMA (212)708-9400 11 West 53 Street New York, NY 10019-5497; Museum Hours: Saturday 10:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m., Sunday 10:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m., Monday 10:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m., Tuesday closed. From the east side of Manhattan: 6 train to 51st Street, transfer to the E or V train; one stop to 53rd Street and Fifth Avenue. From the west side of Manhattan: E or V train to 53rd Street and Fifth Avenue, or B, D, or F train to 47–50 Street Rockefeller Center. Admission $20, free Fridays 4-8pm.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art 1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street New York, New York 10028-0198 212-535-7710; Hours: Friday-Sat 9:30-9, Sun-Tues 9:30-5:30. Closed Monday. Admission $7-15. From East Side of Manhattan: Take 4, 5, or 6 train to 86th Street and walk three blocks west to Fifth Avenue; or take M1, M2, M3, or M4 bus along Fifth Avenue (from uptown locations) to 82nd Street or along Madison Avenue (from downtown locations) to 83rd Street. From West Side of Manhattan: Take C, 1, or 9 train to 86th Street, then M86 crosstown bus across Central Park to Fifth Avenue.
- P.S.1 museum: run by MOMA. 22-25 Jackson Ave at the intersection of 46th Ave in Long Island City, 11101. Just across the Queensboro Bridge from midtown Manhattan, at the intersection of Jackson and 46th Avenues, in Long Island City. It is easily accessible by bus and subway. Traveling by subway, visitors should take either the E or V to 23 Street-Ely Avenue (Please note that the V does not run on weekends); the 7 to 45 Road-Courthouse Square; or the G to Court Square or 21 Street-Van Al st. Visitors may also take the Q67 bus to Jackson and 46th Avenues or the B61 to Jackson Avenue. Hours: 12pm-6pm, Thursday-Monday. Admission: $5.00 suggested donation.
- Nomadic Museum at Pier 54
- Whitney Museum 945 Madison Avenue at 75th Street 1-800-whitney. Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun 11a-6p Fri 1-9pm. The website sucks.
- Good Indian Food! Jackson Heights, Queens: "Little India" is located around the intersection of Roosevelt Avenue and Broadway (not the famous Broadway of Manhattan) at 74th Street. This is also where the Flushing Line ('7') meets the Queens Boulevard Line ('E', 'F', 'V', 'G', and 'R').
- New York-style meat-tastic sandwich
- H&M: cheap styley clothes.
- 34th Street & 7th Avenue; 435 Seventh Avenue New York NY 10018
- 34th Street @ Herald Square; 1328 Broadway New York NY 10001
- 5th Ave & 51st Street; 640 Fifth Avenue New York NY 10019
- 731 Lexington Avenue New York NY 10005
- R & A Cycles 105 5th Ave at Baltic St in Brooklyn 718-638-0479
- Brooklyn Bridge
- For stuff to do in Brooklyn: http://www.go-brooklyn.com/ and http://freewilliamsburg.com/
- East Village: Boundaries: 14th Street to Houston Street on the east side.
- Stellastarr* (Ligers) at the Bowery Ballroom: Friday 7:30p doors, $15 each. Directions: Take the J or M the to the Bowery station which stops right in front of the club; or Take the B or D to Grand Street, and walk one block north to Delancey; or Take the F to Second Avenue and walk three blocks south, or the F to Delancey and walk six blocks west; or Take the N or R the to Prince Street, walk five blocks east to Bowery, take a right on Bowery and a left on Delancey; or Take the 6 to Spring Street, walk four blocks east to Bowery, take a right on Bowery and a left on Delancey; or Take the PATH train to 14th Street and the F train to Second Avenue, and walk three blocks south.
- Vegetarian Dim-Sum House: 24 Pell Street New York, NY 10013 212.577.7176 Directions: NYC MTA Subway Train N, R, and No. 5 Train To Canal Street Station
- Hangawi 33rd/Lexington Korean Vegetarian restaurant 12 E 32nd St.
- Belgian Fritz Shop Fries in a cup, with sauce. 6th Ave near NYU.
- Veggie Jamaican Patties Up Flatbush above 7th Ave.
- The Pancake Lady in Chinatown On right off of Mott, just past Pell.
- Veggie Castle 2242 Church Ave. in Crown Heights in Brooklyn.
- Canal Street Downtown for cheap shops.