Volunteer Internships (PPS)
- Program Name: Volunteer Internship Program
- Program Description: The volunteer internship program makes it so that people who are looking to get credit for their work at Free Geek through an outside agency, or who just want more structured experience, can do so without falling through the cracks. Free Geek (hopefully) gains consistent volunteers through the program.
- What best describes this program?
- Administrative (expected to support other programs that generate income and/or meet program needs)
- Why does Free Geek need this program?
It makes it so we can better serve a portion of our volunteer population (those who are working through school programs or vocational rehab programs), and thus donates to the fulfillment of the "job skills training" portion of our mission. Interns also help take a load off staff members by completing on-the-ground work that would most likely fall on staff if the interns weren't there.
Job Position Basics
- Would there be a dedicated staff position associated with this program? NO
Costs and potential costs
- What are the expected financial staffing costs of the program? (Include all costs to the organization such as salary, payroll taxes, and benefits.)
Depending on how many interns we have, a few hours a week
- What other costs are associated with the program? (Include costs of materials needed, etc.)
- Once the program is up and running how many staff how many hours per week would it take?
- In paid staff time? ____2-10______ hours/week
- In volunteer time? ____2-10______ hours/week
- Outline the intangible costs for the position and program:
Responding to potential interns, filling out their paperwork, and paying enough attention to them takes organization and patience.
- Are there any possible negative impacts on Free Geek's mission, and if so what?
can't think of any.
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions currently in effect?
- How will this program affect other programs and staff positions being considered?
- Would the program generate income? NO, although it depends on what interns we get
- If yes, how much income would be expected once the program is up and running? $ unknown / month
- If yes, how long would it take for the program to get to that point? not long: some training on already-existing program stuff
- How does the program support the mission of Free Geek?
We're giving people more focused job experience - good for the resume. We're also potentially making our own lives easier.
- How can the success of the program be measured?
Poll all people who have interns.
- For most income generating positions, the costs initially outweigh the benefits. If this is an income generating program, how long until it is expected to break even?
- Outline a plan for implementing the program:
It's already happening, baby. Chill.