||NOTES AND DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS
- Determine that the device is a wireless router - it should say prominently - and that the Thrift Store wants it by checking the Whiteboard.
- If it is missing an antenna on its back, find one that fits and screw it on.
- Connect the device to its matching power supply and plug it in to an outlet.
- Make sure the device lights up.
- Hold the "reset" button for ~30 seconds.
|Connect to Das Unternet
- Plug Das Unternet into the "Internet" or equivalent port of the device (never any other network ethernet cable!), plug the network testing computer ethernet cable into one of the "LAN" ports.
- Wait for a few moments while the device sets itself up. (watch the panel icon and the lights on the device)
|Test the router
- Disable wireless via the top panel network icon, if it is enabled.
- Open the browser and you should see the "It Works" screen. Close the browser.
- Move the computer cable to each LAN port and repeat step 3. (On the last port, get into the router's firmware (click on the right address on the "It Works" screen and enter the username:admin (usually) and password:admin or password or <blank> when prompted, noting all three for the label), before closing the browser.
- Disable the wired connection via the panel icon and/or disconnect the computer ethernet cable.
- Make sure that the light on the device that corresponds to "wireless" is on.
- "Enable Wireless" via the network icon.
- Left-clicking on this same network icon should show you a list of available wireless connections. Look for the one that corresponds to your device (for example, 'Linksys', 'Netgear' or 'D-Link'). Click on the appropriate network and wait for the connection to be established.
- If you do not see a corresponding network, try resetting the device again, but hold the button for longer.
- Open the browser, and you should see the "It works!" screen, again.
- Once you have successfully used the device to access Das Unternet on all wired ports and wirelessly and logged into the device settings page, it is working and ready for sale.
- Troubleshooting Tips
- If the device will not connect wirelessly, it may be because the wireless function is disabled in the device's default settings.
- Disable wireless on the top panel of the testing station desktop.
- Connect Das Unternet to the device.
- Click again on "Test Network Device" on the top bar of the browser. If it works, the device is good and just needs its wireless settings updated. When you click on the appropriate IP address there should be how-to notes pertaining to wireless connectivity.
- Once you have updated the wireless settings, make sure to test the connection again after unplugging Das Unternet and re-enabling wireless on the desktop panel.
|Prepare for Sale
- Affix a "Tested By___" sticker with your initials, as well as a sticker with the IP address, username and password.
- Place the device with attached power supply in the "4 Store" bin.
- You're done! Thank you awesome tester!