This page has been requested to be deleted.
GAP stands for the Geek Access Point. The gapsters are the Free Geek volunteers responsible for these Free Geek sponsored public access computers.
GAP sites are currently found:
- The Red and Black Cafe
- 12th & SE Oak, Portland
We are looking for at least one new site to replace the old Chance of Rain site.
Current GAP Policy
- Free Geek can provide GAP computers for public access.
- The site where the GAP computer is deployed takes responsibility for internet connection costs.
- Access to the computers should be available to the general public and must be available free of charge.
- It is acceptable for the site to collect voluntary donations to support the internet access.
Restrictions to allow access
- The site can place reasonable restrictions (such as time limits) on use of the computers so as to allow wide usage.
- Free Geek can only provide technical support for the boxes to a limited number of locations. We encourage sites that want GAP systems to find staff or patrons of that site to join the gapsters. In general, starting a new site with support requires one new volunteer from that site to joining the gapsters. Email email@example.com for further information.
Getting a GAP box at your site
To request a GAP box at your site email firstname.lastname@example.org.