2010 Staff Retreat Planning
Retreat Task Force
Caitlin, Liane, Luiz, Meredith, Valerie
- Day: Monday, June 21st
- 9 AM-12 PM: Morning "big picture" brainstorm
- 12 PM-1 PM: Lunch
- 1 PM-4 PM: Afternoon brainstorm, more specifically-focused
- 4 PM-5 PM: Social hour
- Place: McMenamins - Edgefield
- Have the opportunity to discuss "big picture" issues we don't have time for in staff meetings
- Prioritize hiring
- Prioritize our priorities
- Look at the Free Geek Structure in terms of hierarchy/compensation/movement within/access to power and decision making/etc.
We still need a facilitator! Laurel 1.0 is a possibility, Valerie might know some one also.
After hearing back from the collective, the two discussion items with the broadest support by a large margin:
- What do you envision the ideal future of Free Geek to be? (Morning discussion)
- Staff structure (Afternoon discussion)
The Retreat Task Force recommends to staff that we invite committed staff members to the entirety of the retreat.
Pre-Retreat All Staff Meeting
- Why: improve communication, improve access to information and decision-making, create an avenue to hear what more Free Geekers think, see each other's pretty faces all in a room together, solve problems, probably eat donuts or something... Also it's never happened before!
- We will hold an all-staff meeting on Tuesday, May 25th from 9:30 AM-10:30 AM
- Facilitator: maybe Jiro, maybe Richard?
- Some suggested agenda topics:
- Clarity in mobility within staff categories
- Long term planning for production areas (ex: how will we need to adapt Laptop Build to accommodate an increase in laptop donation and demand.)
- Cross-department staffing - to improve communication and organizational security for when staff go on vacation.
List of Collective Members