Absurd things thrift store customers say
On the phone
- Where would I find one of those?
- I'd recommend looking on Craig's list
- Right! Right. I hadn't thought of that.
- What's their number?
- I need a cable to plug my phone into the Google.
- What's this [pointing at gizmo, priced $5]?
- I don't know.
- Do I need it?
- (pause) I don't know what that is. I don't know what is does.
- Can you find out for me?
- Well why do think you need it? Your life has probably been going fine without it.
- I don't know. It just looks so nice.
- Well, why don't you google the model number?
- Thats an idea. How do I do that?
- Type the model number into the search field for google.
- Which number is the model number?
- Probably the largest number on the back of the device
- Can you read it for me? I can't see it.
- <after a sigh> Sure, its [the model number]
- Can you write that down for me
- <grumpily> sure, I'd love to do that!
- Can you show me how to do the google?
[I walked out of the room at this point]